Symbility Health provides group benefit administrators with a simple, cost-effective solution to increase adjudicator productivity and control. We leverage volume and purchasing power from our national network of partners to offer services and products that are at lower costs than you can get on their own.
From wellness program, stop-loss coverage and out-of-country protection to employee assistance and business owner programs, we help take the stress out of business planning by providing thoughtful add-on services which underline our name: Symbility Health.
Group Insurance Plan
Symbilty Health is pleased to offer a great add on product for your Health Care Spending Accounts and Cost Plus. This product is a great attachment for the small groups that would otherwise have no coverage. Includes: Life Insurance, Dependent life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage, Critical Illness along with a component of Out of Country and stop loss. With no underwriting and a low attachment point makes this product a perfect add on for your smaller clients to give them the peace of mind.
Stop Loss Program
Symbility Health offers optional Stop-Loss coverage at competitive rates which can reduce the plan sponsor’s risk exposure to claim coverage (losses) to a specific amount. This type of coverage ensures that catastrophic claims (specific stop-loss) do not upset the financial reserves of a self-funded plan. Stop-Loss coverage is billed as a percentage of paid claims with attachments points starting at $7,500.
For more information, please see the following document: Stop-Loss Spec Sheet
Medical Second Opinion Service
WorldCare's Second Opinion provides you with affordable and timely access to quality healthcare services through a global network that connects you to an offering of best practices used by a consortium of the highest-ranked hospitals in the world. Get the assurance you need from a multi-disciplinary review of your medical records and enjoy diagnostic information from a consortium of specialists and sub-specialists practicing at world-class institutions – all electronically connected and instantly at your service.
- Peace-of-mind – Gain access to the very best specialists who analyze your situation.
- Ease of access – Through the instant connectivity of electronic pathways and round-the-clock response times.
- Team care – Get multidisciplinary input on your records from specialists who work as a team on your records – as they do on any case requiring custom expertise.
- Quick turnaround – Get answers you can trust within four business days or less.
- Enhanced care and maximized results – Ensure that the treatment you need with the greatest chance of success begins as quickly as possible.
For more information, please see the following documents:
Employee Assistant Plan
Life is complicated and the ARIVE® Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides clients with a broad range of assistance towards helping their employees cope with life and work challenges. However, Symbility Health’s EAP believes that this assistance should go beyond helping individual employees manage their problems to helping management as well. They are the ones who must identify and counsel those dealing with their individual situations.
The bottom line is that productivity is maximized when psychological and emotional well-being runs on an even keel. Those ‘at risk’ behaviours amongst individuals threaten to undo the entire organization, leading to lower productivity and a staffing motivational roadblock.
Symbility Health's EAP is the answer, providing management with:
- Individual Professional Services including face-to-face counselling with a dedicated psychosocial caregiver for the challenged employee who may suffer from work-related issues, dependency concerns, marital and family difficulties or other challenges.
- Organizational Assistance Managers including Human Resources Coaching, Assigned Consultants (to plan communication strategies and map program goals and objectives).
- Information and Promotional Items (EAP promotional materials and related health bulletins and solutions-oriented information).
- Program Management Tools for regular review of usage statistics with assigned consultant towards mapping out issues and solutions.
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing to support crisis care after death threats, occupational injuries, armed robbery – with crisis analysis to determine the best mode of intervention.
SymbilityBusiness Owner Assistant Plan
When Statistics Canada underlines that half of Canada’s new companies go out of business before their third anniversary and that one in four don’t make it past Year One – the (ACUMIN®) Business Assistance Program (BAP) goes a long way towards helping all business deal with the potential pitfalls that await them.
From lower productivity due to absenteeism and presenteeism to solutions designed to maximize the health of the entire organization – preventative maintenance – BAP becomes a timely necessity.
Symbility Health's BAP Includes:
- Business Legal Advice - From all aspects of common and civil law plus partnership, taxation and insolvency law to in-depth answers to questions involving shareholder matters, directors, employees, creditors and other stakeholders, get the advice you need before you need it.
- Accounting Advice – Get expert answers and recommendations for owners and managers facing business accounting challenges. This equips management with better control and management best practices.
- Human Resources Advice – Get confidential telephone coaching to help deal with people management situations with such matters as employee conflict, absenteeism, change management, difficult behaviours and return-to-work strategies for prolonged employee absences.
- Employee/Employer Counselling – Delivers confidential, face-to-face counselling with a psychosocial professional for employees dealing with personal problems (work-related issues, dependencies, marital/family issues and other personal challenges).
Out of Country Group Travel Insurance
Viator's Group Travel is included in the Symbility Health mix to meet the demands of business travellers who need the protection of out-of-country medical treatment and the peace-of-mind that goes with it. Comprehensive emergency medical travel coverage and assistance services are standing by for employees and their families in any time of need, avoiding out-of-pocket costs that can be as debilitating as the hurdles to getting the help you need when away from the security of travelling at home.
Consider the multiple benefits which may include:
- Hospital and physician fees
- Diagnostic services
- Emergency air transportation
- Interpretation services and direct claims payment potential
- Business expenses
- Trip cancellation and baggage insurance
- Child care
- Coverage may be extended to retired employees
Two plans are available, offering varying levels of protection, dependent upon needs. Note that coverage is for groups greater than 25 employees.